At Kioko, we recognize and value the importance of expert care for different conditions and diagnoses.
We only take on clients whom we know we can help, and whose needs fall within our professional expertise.
For conditions and diagnoses that are outside of our specific area of expertise, we are grateful for a solid network of exceptional therapists, physicians, and health professionals to whom we can refer, both locally and internationally. We are happy to help facilitate those referrals to get you in with the right professional as quickly as possible.
ORTHOPAEDIC CONDITIONS WE TREAT:
- Ankle/Foot pathologies (sprains, plantar fasciitis, ankle instability)
- Axial Web Syndrome & Cording
- Elbow pathologies (golfer’s elbow, tennis elbow)
- Hip pathologies (ITB syndrome, FAI, hip bursitis, post hip replacement)
- Hamstring or Lower extremity muscle strains
- Knee pathologies (meniscus tears, MCL strains, patellofemoral syndrome, patellar tendonitis, total knee replacement, knee pain)
- Low Back Pain
- Post-op spinal or lumbar fusion, herniated disc, nerve impingement
- Neck issues (strains, lack of range of motion, forward head posture, pain, cervicogenic headache)
- Piriformis Syndrome
- Postural Imbalances
- Pectus Excavatum
- Running related challenges
- SI joint pain
- Shoulder pathologies (frozen shoulder/adhesive capsulitis, rotator cuff tears, shoulder impingement, bursitis, tendonitis)
We proudly utilize the Lightcure Lightforce, FDA Approved Class IV Medical Therapy Laser.
This modality delivers exceptional healing benefits to the tissues to which it is applied, instantly reducing inflammation, reducing pain, reducing swelling, and expediting the tissue healing process. It is a wonderful and essential modality in the treatment of many orthopedic related issues.
WHAT IS LASER THERAPY?
Laser therapy is a medical treatment that uses focused light to stimulate a process called photobiomodulation (PBM). During PBM, photons enter the tissue and interact with the cytochrome c complex within mitochondria.
This interaction triggers a biological cascade of events that leads to an increase in cellular metabolism, decrease in pain, reduction in muscle spasm, and improved microcirculation to injured tissue. This treatment is FDA cleared and provides patients a non-invasive, non-pharmacological alternative for pain relief.